MCYSA MISSION STATEMENT
To positively impact the lives of local youth by providing them opportunities to compete not only on the fields of athletics but also in the classrooms of academics and life. To bring a positive economic impact to our communities by supporting local businesses/vendors and generating overnight stays through our events.
The goals of the McHenry County Youth Sports Association are as follows:
- To give local student/athletes opportunities to participate locally in first class tournament events which draw a diverse field of participants from across the United States and from multiple foreign countries thereby providing the student/athletes with a diverse cultural experience.
- To have a major positive economic impact in the communities that we serve. The impact will be focused on generating spending in multiple areas within our communities including but not limited to: hotel stays, restaurant spending, specialty purchasing (i.e. spots equipment), general retail sales, leisure entertainment activities, rental cars, vehicle gas and serve facilities.
- To annually contribute to and assist the efforts of local youth sports organizations. Those organizations include, but are not limited to, youth recreational and travel leagues/groups, local elementary schools, middle schools and high schools, city & park district recreational programs, independent/private sports organizations and McHenry County College.
- To establish and maintain in perpetuity a student/athlete educational scholarship program to assist and aid local student/athletes as they pursue their educational goals beyond secondary education through the Justin Schroeder MCYSA Student/Athletic Achievement Memorial Award.
- To have a positive and beneficial impact on our community in general and youth sports in particular.